New Dunelm Mill Store, Kettering Northants.
Mick George Limited’s specialist commercial contracting and ground improvement services were required by the midlands based construction group G F Tomlinson to deliver the best possible site in preparation for Kettering’s new Dunelm Mill store.
- Carried out site clearance and earthworks.
- Lifted, screened and crushed concrete on site for re-use.
- Carried out cut and fill operation.
- Designed and implemented soil stabilisation exercise to treat formation and achieve a 300mm non-frost susceptible layer.
- Laid, trimmed and compacted recycled Type1 aggregate.
New Sainsburys Car Park & Store, Leicester
Our ground improvement specialists were called in by A D Bly Construction to design and implement an effective soil stabilisation solution. The 80,000 sq ft store was to built on a site that had large areas of light, dry and structurally weak soil, geotechnically unsuitable for construction.
- Tested and designed a soil stabilisation solution to convert geotechnically inferior materials on site
- Compacted the site using RDC techniques
- Provided daily supply of survey data
- Enhanced CBR value and formation levels across the site
Soil Stabilisation - Reduce your carbon footprint and save money
New sustainable, effective and affordable soil improvement solutions from one of the industry’s leading ground improvement and remediation specialists.
A more sustainable solution
The UK construction industry is under increasing pressure to develop sites more cost-efficiently and with less impact on the environment. Stabilising land with the use of lime, cement or other binders is an extremely cost-effective method of converting areas of weak soil for construction projects in an environmentally-friendly way.
Mick George offers a highly professional Soil Stabilisation service to complement the company’s comprehensive portfolio of ground remediation and improvement solutions.
Keeping transportation and waste to a minimum
Soil stabilisation eliminates the need to cart away materials that would have otherwise been considered unsuitable. Weak soils can be quickly and easily treated on site, reducing the environmental impact of transportation and associated costs whilst removing the need for replacement aggregates.
A greener alternative to 'dig and dump', soil stabilisation could help you save money and meet those increasingly important environmental targets.
Creating usable soils on site all year round
Soil stabilisation converts unsuitable soils into materials fit for your construction project. It also reduces moisture content, making soils more workable and helping to provide a superior working platform - especially important during winter construction programmes.
Taking time and money out of the project
Soil stabilisation can be a more cost-effective option as well as a more environmentally-friendly one. Mick George has a dedicated and experienced team who can provide you with the best solution for investigation, improvement and remediation of all unsuitable construction land including contaminated Brownfield sites. We offer total ground improvement solutions which means we can assess and advise you on the best possible cost-effective remediation solution for your project from stabilisation, soil washing and bioremediation to traditional 'dig and dump'.
What are the benefits?
- Reduces the soil's moisture content increasing its workability.
- Converts unsuitable geotechnical materials into materials fit for construction.
- Provides a superior working platform, especially during winter construction programmes.
- Eliminates/reduces the need for under cutting.
- Eliminates/reduces the need for transportation and disposal of unsuitable soils.
- Eliminates /reduces the environmental impact of transportation of new materials onto site.
- Can prove to be more cost-effective than traditional 'dig and dump' methods.
- Can result in shorter construction times and lower costs.
We will evaluate each project individually and advise you on the best solution. We can offer our customers a lump sum price option providing a fixed price and capped solution.
Working in partnership with Lee Remediation